9/26/2011

me and him call it us - Loss

me and him call it us (yes, all lower case) was a three-piece band from Georgia who played a highly emotional style of fast paced, spastic metal music. Their only full length "Loss" is an album that was seemingly recorded in a cave by a group of emotionally distraught kids on the brink of a psychological breakdown. The album is a pure fucking neurotic mess - a collection of compositions that encompasses feelings of angst, aggression, loneliness and heartbreak, one which delivers songs that go from one end of the musical spectrum to the other, leaving the listener curious, but mentally overwhelmed. However, what this album lacks in depth and consistency, it makes up for tenfold with its relentless assault of chaotic and soothing noise. I first heard this album five years ago when it initially came out, and I appreciate it more-so now for the unstable mess that it is. "Loss" is not a casual listen, nor is it and album written for the faint of heart. To those who are curious, Godspeed.



me and him call it us - Loss

1. Sarsaparilla
2. Cut-Throat Cardiac Arrest
3. "Mayday! Mayday! " Cried the Captain
4. Just Can't Function No More http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
5. The Anticipation Is Killing Me
6. ...into Troubled Waters, I Sink
7. Headache
8. Innocent Bystanders Watched in Horror as Peter Jennings Drew His ...
9. P.S. I Love You
10. Loss
11. Sea Swallowed Us Whole
12. My Heart Beats in Blast Beats
13. That Ghost Is Breathing Again
14. Encirclement of the Dancing Scarecrows

Downlaod

No comments:

Post a Comment